Circular: General Instructions
- Make sure the child does not bring expensive things to school. Cell phones, iPads and other such objects of entertainment are not allowed.
- Rain days cannot be predicted in advance and that is why they are not marked on the calendar.
- If the child is not well, do not send the child to school. Many times children who are sick come to school and in some time come to the school office to call their parents. Such behavior will result in a punishment for the parents! Children who do not feel well in the morning should not come to school at all.
- Make sure EVERYTHING that comes to school is labelled – the shoes, the uniform, the jacket, tiffin, water bottle, napkin – everything! Do it with a ball point pen.
We have created tabs for various sections, to make it easy for you to browse through the sections. Do read through each one carefully, as these rules and regulations ensure smooth functioning of our school.
- Children who are dropped or picked up by parents – Only 10 minutes ahead of school time and within 5 minutes of the school being let out. Strict action taken for erring parents in this regard.
- If the child is to be picked up early from school or a child going by bus is going to be picked up from school itself, please send a note with the child at the beginning of the day.
- If parents ask for their children to be located at the last minute, it is very difficult for the office to do so. Children are spread out at different locations at different times of the day – as you know.
- In case there is a real emergency, and you come at the last minute – please wait patiently till your children arrive. Do not become irritated with the office staff as they need time!
- The second ID card is a pass to collect the child. It MUST be carried by whoever picks the child up (at the bus stop, from school, by private service and EVEN by parents)
- People not carrying ID cards will NOT be given possession of the student. This is for your own safety. Please co-operate.
- Children who do not come to school by the WALNUT SCHOOL bus are known as MAMMA CHILDREN.
- Mamma children are to be picked up and dropped off at the basement door near the sign.
- Children must be well behaved and reasonably disciplined at all times.
- Throwing of erasers, breaking of pencils, hurting or disturbing other students, using abusive language etc. will not be tolerated.
- The school keeps making sophisticated and expensive equipment available to the children. They are expected to use all things properly and put them back properly. Any misbehavior or damage will be strictly and severely dealt with. Parents will have to reimburse the school if their children damage school property.
- SMS notices are sent to parents if the school is closed or there is any special announcement to be made.
- Different parents may receive different SMSes depending on which class their child is in. Please do not confuse yourself by referring to somebody else’s SMS.
- Just read your own SMS. That message is for you!
- Snacks MUST be sent ONLY according to menu given below.
|Idli / Dosa||Paratha/Thalipeeth||Upma /||Khichadi /||Sandwich|
|Appe / Pav Bhaji||Puri/Poli Bhaji||Sheera||Pohe|
- Children who do not bring food according to the menu will not be allowed to eat with the rest of the group. They will also get demerits for not following school rules which will affect their other activities. Absolutely no chocolates or additional fruits/dry fruits to be sent in the tiffin. Please follow instructions given. Do not send such things in their pocket either to eat in the classroom.
- Small leak proof water bottle (1/2 litre) is to be sent with the children so that they do not have to keep getting up for water when they have snacks. This bottle will be in their rack for the whole day. Water for drinking will be available on every floor through the school filter.
- The tiffin box must be snack size. Get one which has a small box inside for dahi/ketchup/chutney/butter etc. Also send a spoon inside so children can eat pohe/upma/khichadi easily.
- Children must carry a cloth napkin to lay out to eat on. They must eat carefully without spilling and spoiling the eating area.
- The tiffin, water bottle and napkin must fit in an area of 10 inches by 10 inches and 4 inches height. That is the size of the rack for each child. No additional space can be provided. You can carry it in a foldable plastic or cloth bag. Please make sure things fit. If things don’t fit, they will not be allowed to be carried with the child. They will be sent back home.
- Please make sure that the children carry the tiffin when they come to school. Late tiffin entries cannot be entertained. Staff cannot collect tiffins at odd times for the students.
- Children are expected to be civil and disciplined and not misbehave in the school – especially in the dining and sports areas. If they knock food over, they will be asked to clean up and share their food with others. Please co-operate with us as we try to mould the characters and build good personalities in the school.
- Children will be having lunch at home. The tiffin is only a snack. Give enough quantity to satisfy the child’s hunger. Too much will make the kids sluggish. Too less will keep them distracted.
- Water is purified using Reverse Osmosis and is absolutely safe. Please do not bring ‘Doctor’s notes’ to school asking permission to carry your own water for the whole day. We cannot entertain such notes.
- Each child must be in clean and complete uniform. That includes black socks, black shoes and the ID card.
- The uniform MUST NOT be soiled, stained, torn or faded. ID card is an important part of the uniform. Children without ID card will not be allowed to attend school.
- The ID card has information that the school database has about the child. Check that it is all correct and verify it today itself. If information is wrong, it has to be updated in the school database. Information change slips are available with the teachers.
- The ID card has to be tied to the string hanging from the pocket. Do not use safety pins (they are dangerous and can hurt others too!).
- Three permanent ID cards will be given to the child within a month and before that you are given two temporary ID cards. Excuses like ID card is lost will not be entertained. If you lose your ID, buy a new one from the school office.
- Wearing the wrong ID or from a previous year is also ABSOLUTELY not allowed! It creates tremendous logistical issues, especially when students are sorted.
- Reference number is to be written on the uniform label (T – shirt, trousers and jacket) and also on the shoes so that they do not get mixed up. Suggestions : write with a ball point pen or get it embroidered. Requests for lost and misplaced uniforms cannot be handled if the number isn’t seen.
- No dangling jewellery, nail polish, mehendi, tattoos etc. Girls and boys should have hair properly combed and not falling on to their forehead and eyes. If hair goes up to the shoulder, it must be tied up neatly. No fancy, dangling and colourful earrings in school. Small studs or small simple rings are the only jewellery allowed.
- Birthdays are celebrated in the school during their snacks time
- Child must come to school in complete school uniform even on birthday.
- No distribution of any material in the school or class is allowed.
- Teachers are available on the Saturdays marked in the calendar.
- Try to visit the teacher from time to time to get progress updates.
- Teachers will not be available for discussion during regular school days.
- When children bring worksheets home, please file them and keep them properly.
- Once the worksheet comes home, do not send it back to school, other than a solved worksheet for checking. If the student is absent or the sheet is incomplete, a remark may be put on the sheet. Do not send those sheets back to school.
- Please file worksheets properly. School cannot replace ‘lost’ worksheets.